As with everything in life you have to prepare and work for success. Here are some tips for youth players and coaches to use at practice or training. A basic foundation is critical for hitting success at every level. Youth batters especially need to feel comfortable and confident in the batters box. Do yourself or your player a favor and work on the proper funduntments until they become a habit. It takes time! Proper stance, the bat grip, bat positioning, chin positioning, elbow positions, knees position, and weight distribution comprise the proper stance.
- Bat Grip "Knocking Knuckles" aligned
- Knees Slightly bent
- Front Foot at the "roof" of home plate
- 55% of body weight on back leg
- Knob of bat pointed towards the ground
- Back elbow at 45 degree angle
- Front elbow tucked in
- Chin on front shoulder
Questions please reach out to us!